If you’re about to retire, it can be an exciting yet daunting time. With work now behind you, it can be difficult to look towards the future. It can be even harder when you have a large home to care for. However, this next chapter of your life doesn’t have to be hard. Instead, consider the many benefits you can experience by downsizing and moving to an independent senior living community.
Benefits of Independent Living for Seniors
A common misconception about independent living for seniors is that it’s for elderly individuals. Many turn away from the idea because they fear their independence will be taken away and they will no longer have the chance to enjoy their favorite hobbies and activities. However, nothing could be farther from the truth. While there are options for individuals in need of medical treatment or assistance with daily living, independent living is a great choice for those looking to downsize while still enjoying their life of independence. Here are some benefits residents of an independent living community can expect:
- Plenty of company- Spending more time at home instead of going into work can get lonely. At an independent living community, you are close enough to neighbors that you can easily have company when you want. Private rooms provide privacy when you’re ready for some peace and quiet as well.
- Activities for wellness- Communities often provide several activities and events monthly to keep residents happy, active, and engaged. From fitness programs to monthly trips, residents will never find themselves bored or looking for things to do.
- Comfortable environment- Living among peers that share similar interests and values with you can help make your living space comfortable and enjoyable. Instead of worrying about crying children or loud parties, you can enjoy calm nights and quiet days.
- Peace of mind- When you own your home, housework is up to you. Fixing broken appliances, deep cleaning, and other chores can be taxing and stressful. At an independent living community, you get to enjoy the familiar comforts of home without the stress of homeownership. The community staff is available for maintenance while housekeeping programs provide cleaning and other help.
- Convenience to enjoy life- Retirement should be a time to enjoy your hobbies that you didn’t have time for while working. Without the constant worry of chores and running errands, you have the freedom to learn a new hobby or interest.
Independent Living at Conservatory
If you’re looking for independent senior living communities in Texas, consider the communities of Conservatory By Discovery Senior Living. With five different community locations, our communities provide the comfortable amenities many are looking for. To make our residents as comfortable as possible, our communities offer the following senior living programs:
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee- If you’re unhappy within the first 90 days of your move, let us know to not be held to the terms of your lease.
- Ambassadors Club- Our Ambassadors Club allows residents to earn rent credits for every new resident they refer.
- Sensations Dining- Leave the cooking and clean-up to us! Enjoy restaurant style dining experiences and an array of menu options.
- Celebrations Activities & Events- Our amenities and activities make it easy for our residents to fill their days.
- Dimensions Health and Fitness- Our full time activities director plans fulfilling and enriching events daily to help work all aspects of fitness and wellness for our residents.
- Expressions Concierge- These services allow our residents to live hassle-free! Allow us to make reservations, send arrangements, and schedule moves for you.
- Connections Transportation- Don’t enjoy driving anymore? Allow our professional drivers to take you to where you need to go.
- Impressions Housekeeping & Maintenance- Being a resident means leaving the chores to us! Housekeeping and maintenance are no longer a cause of headache with our services.
Our locations include:
- Conservatory At Alden Bridge
- Conservatory At Champion Forest
- Conservatory At Keller Town Center
- Conservatory At North Austin
- Conservatory At Plano