The term “independent living” refers to any community or housing arrangement specifically designed and conceptualized for active aged adults. The main feature of independent living is the provision of personal services that help residents live a worry-free lifestyle. Meals and transportation may be included in these services. A monthly fee may be required for some community activities. Most independent living communities do not provide medical services, but some form of assistance is extended for residents who require it.
Types of Independent Living Communities In Plano
You are bound to find a community that will suit you and your loved ones’ needs. Some options include:
- Senior Apartments: Housing units with age requirements that offer a limited selection of extra services. Most have a clubhouse for group activities, and some offer scheduled transportation.
- Retirement Communities: Independent living with amenities like meals, transportation, and activities with a monthly fee.
- Active Adult Communities: Communities with homes for sale, with many providing a clubhouse for activities. Services like housekeeping, maintenance, and landscaping are typically offered.
- Affordable Senior Housing: A HUD 202 program offering rental assistance for aged adults who fulfill the federal program’s requirements.
- Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC): Independent living is offered alongside assisted living and nursing care in one campus. An entry fee is typically required and living unit, meals, and healthcare are offered up to the nursing level.
- Senior Villages: A relatively new concept in which members pay an annual fee for volunteers to assist aged adults in living independently.
Things To Do in Plano, Texas
Plano is a large city in north Texas with a suburban small-town vibe. It plays host to nationally renowned attractions, thriving arts and historical sites, and a vibrant culinary and shopping scene. There are plenty of things to do in the Plano area. You and your loved ones can soak up the sights at Arbor Hills Nature Preserve, visit the Heritage Farmstead Museum, or choose from shopping and dining options at Legacy West or the historic Downtown Plano Arts District. You can enjoy all that Plano has to offer at Conservatory At Plano, conveniently located near indoor and outdoor leisure, medical services, arts and entertainment, and unforgettable retail and dining experiences.
An Excellent Independent Living Option
Looking for the very best in retirement living in Plano, TX? Conservatory At Plano is the place for you. We take a progressive approach, offering many options for aged adults to lead active and healthy lifestyles. From the comfort and privacy of your stylish apartment home to the convenience of our housekeeping, transportation, and personalized care services, you will have all the leisure time you need to pursue your interests and live your golden years to the fullest. Residents enjoy restaurant-style dining, have opportunities for socialization and skills development, and can choose from a variety of activities and events that take place daily.
Live Your Best Life at Conservatory At Plano
If you or your loved one are considering independent living in Plano, TX, look no further than Conservatory At Plano. Our professional team can schedule a tour and answer any questions you might have about the lifestyle programs and amenities offered.