For an older adult, the choice between independent living and assisted living often depends on how well that person can manage daily living activities without additional help. Some examples of daily living activities can include but are not limited to meal preparation, medication management, personal hygiene, household chores, financial management, and driving or transportation. If you are relatively active and do not require extra assistance on these activities, you can enjoy a maintenance-free lifestyle at an independent retirement community. Here are the top 5 independent retirement communities in Texas.
Top 5 Independent Retirement Communities in Texas
- Conservatory At Alden Bridge
- Conservatory At Champion Forest
- Conservatory At Keller Town Center
- Conservatory At North Austin
- Conservatory At Plano
What Is Independent Living?
As opposed to assisted living, independent living caters to older adults who can lead an independent lifestyle but still wish to have access to assistance whenever necessary. Independent retirement communities offer residents with convenient access to medical care, dining, fitness, entertainment, and more. Residents of an independent retirement community can look forward to retiring in a safe environment, but with minimal assistance. Residents will also have their daily meals taken care of along with other hospitality services like laundry and housekeeping.
Benefits of Independent Living
- Quiet Environment: Most independent retirement communities only accommodate residents who are over the age of 55. Thus, residents get to enjoy a quiet environment without the block parties, children’s cries, and other daily stressors. Residents will also get to mingle with people within their age group to make new friends with people who share the same personal interests.
- Fitness Programs: Independent retirement communities provide residents with a wide array of daily fitness programs which are curated according to their abilities. Each program is facilitated by a trained expert to ensure that residents get to maintain their health in a safe manner. Residents get to maintain their health independently but still have access to assistance if needed.
- Combat Loneliness: Nearly a third of older adults live on their own and usually become less socially active. Having some alone time can be good but not when it leads to senior isolation. Being in an independent retirement community can help combat loneliness. There are plenty of socialization opportunities that help residents remain engaged with the community.
- Maintenance-Free: Residents of an independent retirement community get to enjoy various amenities including housekeeping, meal prep, laundry, and more. They will no longer have to face daily chores which can take a toll on their health. Residents will have a lot of free time on their daily schedule which they can invest in more fruitful activities such as participating in fitness programs and socializing with their neighbors. Some independent retirement communities also offer complimentary transportation services so residents do not need to drive themselves to their appointments, reservations, and others.
Conservatory At Champion Forest lets you experience carefree retirement through exceptional service and world-class amenities. You can anticipate living in a resort-style environment where many facilities are implemented right within our community grounds. Contact us to find out more!