The decision to move into a retirement community is a big one. In fact, it may be one of the biggest decisions that we, as adults, make for ourselves or for your loved ones. One important consideration when deciding on which community to go is its location.
Conroe is a city and the county seat of Montgomery County, Texas, United States, approximately 40 miles north of Houston. It is a principal city in the Houston–The Woodlands–Sugar Land metropolitan area. Conservatory At Alden Bridge, located in The Woodlands, is near to many of the marvelous attractions, entertainment spots, shopping, and schools in Conroe. Residents will be able to take advantage of these amenities and live purposeful and fun-filled lives.
Recreational Parks around Conroe
Local history is documented in many of the city’s multiple parks:
- A memorial to Montgomery County soldiers can be seen at Montgomery County War Memorial Park.
- Montgomery County’s early settlers’ artifacts are viewable at the Heritage Museum of Montgomery County.
- Flags that flew over Texas are displayed at Historical Flag Park and the Lone Star Monument. In the center of the flags is a statue of a Texan.
- Fishing, boating, and other water-based activities can be enjoyed northwest of downtown Conroe, at Lake Conroe. A typical catch of the day could involve crappie (in fall and early spring), hybrid striped bass, white bass, channel fish, blue gills, and largemouth bass.
Popular Arts and Entertainment around Conroe
There are numerous arts and entertainment offerings around Conroe:
- Featuring different mediums, enjoy numerous art classes at Conroe Art League.
- For plays, musicals, etc., visit the 250-seat Owen Theater.
- Take in a bit of culture and entertainment at the Crighton Theater.
- If you like history, don’t pass up the opportunity to spend some time at the Heritage Museum of Montgomery County.
Recommended Dining and Shopping Outlets around Conroe
Here are some of the best shopping opportunities:
- The Woodlands Mall
- Outlets at Conroe
- Houston Premium Outlets
- Portofino Shopping Center
Pop in for an enjoyable meal at one of the following locations:
- If you want food and shopping in one place, consider visiting the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store.
- Are you into subs? Quiznos lets you build your own delicious, toasted sub (with salads and soups, as well).
- Marguerite’s Mexican Restaurant
- Tommy Bahama Restaurant, Bar, and Store
- Applebee’s Grill and Bar
Best Schools Around Conroe
There are both private and community schools in/around Conroe. Here’s what the area has to offer:
- Armstrong Elementary
- Giesenger Elementary
- Anderson Elementary
Middle schools and/or high schools:
- Booker T. Washington High
- Mitchell Intermediate
- Morehead Junior High and more
- Covenant Christian School
- Academy for Science and Health
- Glenwood Private School
Why Choose Conservatory At Alden Bridge?
The philosophy behind Conservatory At Alden Bridge sets us apart from all the others. We keep in mind your well-being, or the well-being of your loved one, by creating a stylish retirement community that is resident-focused. There is never a shortage of activities, delicious and nutritious meals, or superior, attentive medical care.